Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I can not begin to tell you the number of people who, on Friday, wished me a "Happy First Mother's Day" nor all those who, on Monday, asked what we did for my first Mother's Day. I am sure to many my answer was probably somewhat disappointing, but to me, my first Mother's Day was just like any other day. Chris did take Graham shopping on Saturday, and they surprised me on Sunday morning with my very own "I Love Mommy" picture frame, a new iPod case, and a bead for my charm bracelet. Graham really enjoyed the presents, and he was especially helpful with the tissue paper and envelope! He even got a few extra "mommy-kisses" in for all his hard work!


The rest of the day, we went to church, Graham and I snuggled and took an 1 1/2 hour nap, we out to eat at Applebees and finished off the day with a trip to the Promised Land. Hooray for Target!

To some, this may seem rather uneventful. My day was full of the mundane, everyday things that I have so come to appreciate and cherish. I am so excited and blessed to be a mommy and have this wonderful little man in my life. In short, my "First Mother's Day" was perfect because for me, now everyday is Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. 10 days until i get to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, i'm counting!

    ReplyDelete