Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall Football Fun!

I love all seasons, but I am especially fond of those that I don’t really get to enjoy all that much living in Florida: Fall and Winter. Perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder, but every year that I am not in Iowa for the changing of the summer to fall, I find myself longing cool days, fireplaces, apple cider, visits to the pumpkin patch, and jumping into huge piles of leaves (You will note that I did not say raking the leaves…absence may make the heart grow fonder, but somethings you just don’t miss!)!

The thing I miss the most though, is football games. No, I am not crazy! I know we have football games in Florida, but it just isn’t the same. I really miss those cool afternoons and evenings where you bundle up in sweatshirts and jeans to go to the local high school bleachers and freeze your toes off. I love the thought of listening to the pep band and having to jump and up and down cheering just to stay warm! Maybe the cheerleader in me has just never died, but I truly miss those days. Something about football games and shorts just doesn’t seem right to me.

We had the opportunity to take Graham to his first football game, a middle school match up between the Montford Mustangs and the Deer Lake Bucks, tonight, and I am so excited that he got a traditional football experience. Though it started warm, it ended up cool and rainy and we broke out the jackets and sweatshirts (and umbrellas). We jumped up and down on the bleachers to keep warm and had a great time! All our cheering paid off too, as Montford (the team coached by Graham’s godfather, Fred) won!!

No comments:

Post a Comment