Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello October!!!

Wow! I can’t believe October is finally here (and from the temperatures last week, fall may have decided to make its grand entrance in Tallahassee as well)! Hooray for all the changes that are coming SOON!

Chris and I are SO, SO, SO excited to meet Baby Reece! I can look back now and say that, for the most part, I have really enjoyed being pregnant. It hasn’t been all that uncomfortable or off-putting an experience (aside from the record heat and humidity this summer)! However, as the hormones and number of tissues I have been through recently indicate, I have reached that stage with 3 ½ weeks to go wherein I can’t wait to meet this little person and reclaim my body!

We had a baby shower at Hartsfield this week, and I had numerous teachers tell me that they couldn’t believe that I was a month away from Baby’s arrival. They all said that I am still so little, which is great. However, I think what some people don’t realize is that I was little to start with, and I am still working with very limited space. Baby is still very wiggly and squirmy with not a lot of room to move in, hence the uncomfortable part. Chris keeps saying, “Baby, be nice to your Mommy.” To which I reply, “Daddy, I am being as nice as I can, there’s just no more room in here!”

However, I am happy to report that there is significantly more room in the house that is cleared, decorated, and ready to accommodate Baby. We have most of the nursery done, minus a few things here and there, and we have made tremendous progress in the cleaning and purging of the rest of the house. There is still work to be done and some decisions to be made, most importantly, a name for Baby, but we are slowly crossing things off the To-Do lists that seemed so daunting in September, and although Chris recently commented that we will probably never truly “be ready” for Baby’s arrival, I think at this point all we are waiting on is Baby! So, here’s to hoping that we say “Hello Baby Reece!” before we say “Hello November!”



34 Weeks



35 Weeks



36 Weeks



Shower Fun!



Chris and Trey are REALLY excited about the Monkey Rug Pillow--Hopefully Baby will get a turn to use it too!



The Eric Carle Nursery has turned out to be AWESOME! We have the Brown Bear, Brown Bear Quilt on the Crib, The Very Lonely Firefly (in jar above the crib)...



The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Butterfly on the leaf valence...



The Very Grouchy Ladybug laundry in the corner...



And Eric Carle Number cards lining the wall above the changer! We are going to add Baby's name spelled with the Eric Carle Letter cards above the crib (as soon as we know what Baby's name will be)!







We just had to add an owl to watch over our little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment