Thursday, October 21, 2010

Still Waiting….Not so patiently!

Well, we are now officially 6 days from Baby’s due date, 10 days from the end of October, and 12 days until my November 2nd birthday. Okay Baby Reece, any time now!

In some ways, the past few weeks have flown by. Chris and I have had lots of fun enjoying a baby shower with friends, football games all weekend long, and lots of walking and talking while it is still just the two of us. We have been shopping and although we are sure that we will never truly be “ready” for Baby, we are confident we have most things in place for Baby’s arrival. The cats have particularly enjoyed our recent shopping trips! I have been amazed that to this point, they have stayed out of the crib, off the changing table, and out of the car seat and stroller. However, we brought the bouncer home and it has instantly become the most popular seat in the house if you have four legs and fur! I think they are just helping to keep the seat warm for Baby! It has been fun to spend our last few weeks as twosome (or foursome depending on who you ask) together, and Chris and I have reconnected in lots of different ways while enjoying our precious time together.



Rescue's seat?!



No Frankie's turn!

In other ways, however, the past few weeks have seemed to crawl by. We are both getting extremely antsy and are anxious and excited to finally meet Baby Reece (and of course learn the most well-kept secret of our lives…are you a boy or girl?), and the waiting is getting harder and harder the longer we go. I have finally reached that “so uncomfortable I am convinced I will be pregnant forever” phase, and Chris has gotten to deal with my hormonal breakdowns which are occurring much more frequently than I ever thought possible. This morning, despite sleeping better than I probably have in at least 2 weeks, Chris looked at me and said, “You have a funny look on your face”. I could only reply, “That could be because my back hurts, I can’t roll over anymore, and oh yeah, I woke up still pregnant!” Fortunately, we can both still laugh at this point (even if it is through some tears) and know that the end of the road, though possibly still 2 weeks away (I hope not!), is in sight!

Perhaps the best news for everyone involved is that we have narrowed baby names down to two each for a boy or girl, although we are not sharing until Baby actually arrives! So for now, stay tuned…I am sure Baby will decide to make its grand entrance one of these days!



37 Weeks




And look whose diploma finally arrived! Hooray!



38 Weeks



39 Weeks (Baby, a 40 week picture really isn't necessary at this point!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I feel for you. Those last weeks are so hard.
    Here's to hoping Chris' car won't be in the school parking lot, Monday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete