Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Let me first confess that, while I was excited to have a fall baby, one of my biggest concerns having a baby born around Halloween was that I wanted his birthday to be completely separate from Halloween. I think this comes from me growing up and wanting my November 2nd birthday to be completely separate from Halloween too. Just ask my mom...she spent many a November 1st taking down Halloween decorations and putting up birthday themed swag! I think we did a good job separating Graham's first birthday from Halloween, as the costume/Halloween fun didn't really begin in earnest until after October 26th.

Although this really wasn't Graham's "first" Halloween, let's be honest, it was the first Halloween for which he was really awake and/or the slightest bit interested in. So, we did up Halloween as best you can with a 1 year old! We had a Halloween themed Musikgarten class on Thursday. It was so fun to see all the little ones in their costumes, and Graham was way into his Mickey ears!!
We were also invited to a party for all the "2010 littles" on Sunday afternoon. Graham had a blast playing in the rice sensory box, finding plastic spiders, jelly bugs, and all kinds of fun things!
He also really enjoyed the craft my friend Courtney created. He loved his Jack-o-Lantern so much that he carried it around for the rest of Sunday and most of Monday!
Although his costume was cute and we had gotten several compliments, we decided to forgo the traditional trick-or-treating and instead went to the trick-or-treat party at the local Publix Grocery Store. Graham wore his pumpkin shirt and a great big smile, and had all kinds of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment