Monday, August 23, 2010

Baby's First Day of School

Well, we survived! Baby and I had our first day of school with all my cute and crazy kiddos today. I had one student who was extremely concerned about the change in my appearance and stopped the music therapy session to ask, "Miss Jen, why is your tummy so big?". Not wanting to stop and teach a sex-ed lesson, I just informed him that I had a baby in my stomach. He didn't quite get it, and I heard him talking to himself later saying something to the effect of "and then Miss Jen's stomach got fat!". It was pretty funny! You have to love kids and the crazy things they say!

Other than that, it was a rather uneventful day overall. I had to adjust the strap on my guitar to make room for Baby and had to sit at one point when Baby's head was right where I needed to place the guitar to stand and play. Other than that, Baby seemed to enjoy him/herself. It was very apparent that Baby's sense of hearing has improved and increased quite dramatically since the end of May. I have always hoped we are growing a music lover and if today was any indication, we are headed in the right direction. Baby danced most of the day...which I hope means we sleep better tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment