Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Grahamisms

Graham's vocabulary never ceases to amaze me.  He is growing in leaps and bounds in the thoughts he puts together and the sentences that come out of him.  A few of my recent favorites:

Graham:  "Mommy, I just don't like sleeping!"
Me:  "Honey, I know...the whole neighborhood knows!"

Graham:  "Will you please look at my beautiful, twirly princess dress?  Mommy, you dance with me.  I am Belle, and you can be the beast!"  (NO comments, Uncle Brian)

After spending half of an evening pretending that an empty laundry basket and foam clock were a race car, he awoke the next morning to find the basket no longer empty and in the same place.  He asked Chris, "Daddy, where's my dinghy?  I was going to go for a ride in my dinghy!"  (Thank you Jake, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook for that piece of nautical vocabulary!)

In keeping with the Disney theme, he is fascinated/borderline obsessed with the movie Frozen and the soundtrack.  He goes around singing and asking Elliot, "Do you want to build a snowman?"  He also asks repeatedly for the "Crazy" song (Love is an Open Door), and wants me to channel my inner Idina Menzel to sing "Let It Go".  I am actually more than happy to oblige on that one (See previous post about my thoughts on Superheroes).

One of my all time favorites:

Me:  "Graham, when we get home, do you think Elliot will say, 'Oh Graham, I have been missing you so much today'?"
Graham:  "No."
Me:  "Why not?"
Graham:  "He doesn't have any teeth.  He can't talk without teeth!"
A little later in the conversation...
Me:  "I know Elliot can't talk, but you know that he loves you, right?"
Graham:  "Yes."
Me:  "How do you know?"
Graham:  "Because he smiles at my face!" (cue teary Mommy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment